In this policy, “Publisher” is the publisher of the magazine(s) you have purchased either as part of a membership, subscription or as a back issue. “Publisher” also relates to the seller of the merchandise item(s) you have purchased and under GDPR, is the Data Controller for your personal information.
Webscribe is engaged by the Publisher as the Data Processor of your personal data under the following terms.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect information from you through a variety of means, as described below:
· In order to receive goods or services available either from us or from the publisher, you will need to provide us certain information to allow us to fulfil your order. This will include, but is not limited to: your name, address and contact details, the name and address of a gift recipient and payment information.
· In order to make use of certain services provided through this website or the publisher’s website, such as ordering or renewing your subscription and managing your subscription account, you will need to register with us. When you do so, you will need to provide certain information, such as your email address, to allow you to access these services.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access whilst on the website as well as other data, such as your computer’s IP address and browser type and the URL of any website you visited before our site or afterwards. This data is collected through cookies, web analytics, web logs and similar technologies.
You will also be able to select how the publisher uses your information for marketing purposes. [You can update your publisher marketing preferences by logging in to your subscription account or by contacting us]
Uses made of your information
Webscribe complies with its obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request either from us or from the publisher
· To ensure that content from our website and the publisher’s website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. To monitor and improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this website or the publisher’s website.
· For the publisher to send you marketing and promotional material on their behalf, which they feel may interest you, if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want to receive this marketing and promotional material, you can notify us as part of the order process. You can always automatically opt-out of receiving any further marketing and promotional emails from them by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any email you receive from them. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
· To contact you about your account, where you have placed an order with us
· To monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of this website, to enforce our rights and to protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary, removing any content about which we receive a complaint
· To notify you about changes to our service
· For any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or governmental authority
Your personal data is kept for no longer than reasonably necessary in case of any legal claims/complaints.
If you have consented as part of the order process or subsequently, we will share your information with the publisher and they may use it only to send you the information that you have requested. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the emails that you receive. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, you should contact us at email@example.com
Maintenance and storage of your information
The information you provide is stored on a secure database based in the UK and maintained by a third party on our behalf. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out in this policy.
Updating your personal information
You may update your records held by us by logging on to your account. Alternatively you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on + 44 (0) 1442 820580.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Webscribe holds about you
- The right to request that Webscribe corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Webscribe to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Links and Third Party Apps
In accordance with our obligations under GDPR, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, taking every precaution to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of the information that you provide to us.
Nonetheless, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal data therefore remains at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this website or the servers on which your information is stored.
Notification of Changes
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact our Subscription Administrative Staff on + (0) 1442 820580 or by email at email@example.com